Allow C.I.A. to white-glove your request for this item
Not buying today? Need a volume discount, Net 30 terms, or a government quote? Got a backorder, and need immediate stock? That’s exactly what we do best. Let us solve your problem.
3M C1544 - CLOSURE, SKIN, STERI-STRIP, BENZOIN TINCT, EACH
3M Steri-Strip Compound Benzoin Tincture C1544, 2/3cc, 40 Closures/ Envelope, 4 Boxes/ Cases
3M Steri-Strip Compound Benzoin Tincture is a solution of compound benzoin that may be used to increase adhesion of 3M Steri-Strip Skin Closures to the skin. It is intended for use as an adhesive adjunct, when enhancement of surgical tape and/or adhesive wound closure adhesion is desired.
- Increased adhesion - The Compound Benzoin Tincture may be used to increase Steri-Strip Skin Closure adhesion
- Asceptic delivery - Sterile tray packaging allows aseptic delivery
- Enhancing adhesion of 3M Steri-Strip Skin Closures to the skin.
Which 3M Steri-Strip Skin Closure Should I Use?
Steri-Strip compound benzoin tincture is intended for use as an adhesive adjunct, when enhancement of surgical tape and/or adhesive wound closure adhesion is desired.
Steri-Strip compound benzoin tincture should not be used on patients with a previous history of sensitivity to compound benzoin tincture.
Composition/information on ingredients
*The specific chemical identity and/or exact percentage (concentration) of this composition has been withheld as a trade secret.
Physical and chemical properties
Information on basic physical and chemical properties.
- Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking.
- Ground/bond container and receiving equipment.
- Use only non-sparking tools.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharge.
- Keep container tightly closed.
- Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting equipment.
- Avoid breathing vapors.
- Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
- Wear protective gloves and eye/face protection.
- Wash thoroughly after handling.
- Highly flammable liquid and vapor.
- Causes serious eye irritation.
- May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
Directions for Use
- Clean and dry skin for at least 2 1/2 inches (5 cm) around the wound making sure to remove skin oil or exudate. For best results, use a sponge moistened with alcohol or saline followed by a firm wipe with a dry sponge.
- Using aseptic technique, peel back lid and deliver vial.
- Gently squeeze vial to crush inner ampule, thereby releasing compound benzoin tincture. Do not roll crushed ampule between fingers as this may cause glass to penetrate outer vial.
- Carefully apply a thin film of compound benzoin tincture to the skin on each side of the wound with strokes parallel to the wound. Begin at the wound edges and work outward. Avoid inadvertent contact with wound.
- Allow tincture to dry before applying Steri-Strip skin closures (approximately 30-45 seconds).
- Dispose of contents/container in accordance with applicable local/regional/national/international regulations.
3M Steri-Strip Compound Benzoin Tincture |Commonly Asked Questions
Question: Does Steri-Strip compound benzoin tincture contain iodine?
Answer: No. Although the color of the Steri-Strip compound benzoin tincture (CBT) solution sometimes reminds people of iodine, CBT actually contains benzoin, aloe, storax, tolu balsam and enough alcohol to make a tincture (74-80% alcohol), but not iodine.
Question: Is Steri-Strip compound benzoin tincture considered hypoallergenic?
Question: What is the shelf life of Steri-Strip compound benzoin tincture?
Answer: 5 years. The expiration date may be found embossed on the bottom of each CBT package. You will note: LOT, hourglass, year, 1-2 numbers, several letters The hourglass symbol represents the expiration date. 2004-10 would indicate that the product will expire in October of 2004.
Question:Is Steri-Strip compound benzoin tincture sterile?
Answer: No. The exterior of the applicator is sterile to allow aseptic delivery. But the ethylene oxide used in sterilization will not penetrate the glass in the applicator, so the actual CBT solution is not considered sterile.
Question: Does the darkness of the Steri-Strip compound benzoin tincture affect performance?