Allow C.I.A. to white-glove your request for this item
Not buying today? Need a volume discount, Net 30 terms, or a government quote? Got a backorder, and need immediate stock? That’s exactly what we do best. Let us solve your problem.
B Braun 4252519-01 - CATHETER, IV, INTROCAN, SAFETY, 22G X1", 200/CS
Introcan Safety IV Catheter 22 Ga. x 1 in., FEP, Straight
Introcan Safety Shielded IV catheter without injection port
- Passive fully automatic protection against needlestick injuries and related infections
- IV catheter material available in Polyurethane (PUR) and FEP
- Ergonomic product design for one-handed insertion
- Sharp Universal Bevel for wide choice in insertion angles and minimal puncture trauma
- Double Flashback Technology provides confirmation of successful catheter placement through quick visualization of both needle and catheter flashback
- Latex-free, PVC-free, DEHP-free
Passive Safety is the best at preventing needlestick injuries
- Fully automatic Passive Safety protection
- Designed for ease of insertion for deep and superficial veins
- Two ways to confirm vein entry
- Environmentally conscious design
- Broad product portfolio including longer length catheters
Every Product Detail Is Designed For Best Practice:
Passive Safety Technology is incorporated into the Introcan Safety IV Catheter via an integrated fully automatic Safety Shield which protects the needle tip to prevent needlestick injuries. A recent study confirmed that passive safety engineered devices create significantly better protection for healthcare workers than those that require the user to activate the safety feature.6 In fact, passive safety devices were associated with the lowest needlestick injury rate and are most effective for needlestick injury prevention.
Passive Safety Technology Is Preferred
The Introcan Safety IV Catheters safety mechanism deploys without user activation. Unnecessary injuries may occur with active safety devices because activation is often delayed or never happens. Thats why we designed the B. Braun Introcan Safety IV Catheter and why its raising the standard in needlestick prevention.
Passive Safety Engineered Devices Are Most Effective For Needlestick Injury Prevention
Designed To Promote First-Stick Success
Double Flashback Technology is designed to provide a quick visual confirmation of vein puncture with separate needle and catheter flashback.
Designed To Enable Longer In-Dwelling
Catheters are available in polyurethane (PUR) which provides softer in-dwelling performance,3 or fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP) with firmer construction for arterial access. Introcan Safety IV Catheters are not made with DEHP or natural rubber latex.
The removable vented flashplug permits attachment of a syringe.
Introcan Safety IV Catheters Help You Cut Costs and "Go Green"
- Generate less waste with smaller, lighter components
- Designed to save money and avoid throwing away unused components
(compared to integrated catheters)
- Helps to cut costs by reducing needlesticks, materials, and waste
Introcan Safety IV Catheter - Insertion Guide:
Introcan Safety IV Catheter - Practice Suggestions: