Allow C.I.A. to white-glove your request for this item
Not buying today? Need a volume discount, Net 30 terms, or a government quote? Got a backorder, and need immediate stock? That’s exactly what we do best. Let us solve your problem.
Baxter 2B2323Q - MBO-SOLUTION, RINGER'S, LACT, INJ, 500ML, BAG, 24 PER/CS
Lactated Ringer's Injection, USP, 500 mL VIAFLEX Plastic Container
Lactated Ringers Injection, USP is a sterile, nonpyrogenic solution for fluid and electrolyte replenishment in single dose containers for intravenous administration. It contains no antimicrobial agents. Composition, osmolarity, pH, ionic concentration and caloric content are shown in Table 1.
The VIAFLEX plastic container is fabricated from a specially formulated polyvinylchloride (PL 146 Plastic). The amount of water that can permeate from inside the container into the overwrap is insufficient to affect the solution significantly. Solutions in contact with the plastic container can leach out certain of its chemical components in very small amounts within the expiration period, e.g., di-2-ethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP), up to 5 parts per million. However, the safety of the plastic has been confirmed in tests in animals according to USP biological tests for plastic containers as well as by tissue culture toxicity studies.
|Latex:||Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex|
|Total Calories:||9 Kcal/L|
|Fill Range Volume (mL):||530 - 565|
|Shelf Life from manufacture:||15 months|
|Storage Recommendations:||Store at room temperature (25 degree celcius/77 degree fahrenheit); brief exposure up to 40 degree celcius/104 degree fahrenheit) does not adversely affect the product.|
Lactated Ringers Injection, USP has value as a source of water and electrolytes. It is capable of inducing diuresis depending on the clinical condition of the patient. Lactated Ringers Injection, USP produces a metabolic alkalinizing effect. Lactate ions are metabolized ultimately to carbon dioxide and water, which requires the consumption of hydrogen cations.
Indications and Usage
Lactated Ringers Injection, USP is indicated as a source of water and electrolytes or as an alkalinizing agent.
Lactated Ringers Injection, USP is contraindicated in:
- Newborns (=28 days of age) receiving concomitant treatment with ceftriaxone, even if separate infusion lines are used due to the risk of fatal ceftriaxone-calciumsalt precipitation in the neonates bloodstream.
- Patients older than 28 days, including adults, administered ceftriaxone simultaneously through the same infusion line (e.g., via a Y-connector). If the same infusion line is used for sequential administration, the line must be thoroughly flushed between infusions with a compatible fluid.
- Patients with known hypersensitivity to sodiumlactate
Dosage and Administration
- Lactated Ringers Injection, USP is intended for intravenous administration using sterile equipment.
- Do not connect flexible plastic containers in series in order to avoid air embolismdue to possible residual air contained in the primary container.
- Set the vent to the closed position on a vented intravenous administration set to prevent air embolism.
- Use a dedicated line without any connections to avoid air embolism.
- Do not pressurize intravenous solutions contained in flexible plastic containers to increase flow rates in order to avoid air embolismdue to incomplete evacuation of residual air in the container.
- Prior to infusion, visually inspect the solution for particulate matter and discoloration. The solution should be clear and there should be no precipitates. Do not administer unless solution is clear, and container is undamaged.
- Do not administer Lactated Ringers Injection, USP simultaneously with citrate anticoagulated/preserved blood through the same administration set because of the likelihood of coagulation precipitated by the calciumcontent of Lactated Ringers Injection, USP.