Allow C.I.A. to white-glove your request for this item
Not buying today? Need a volume discount, Net 30 terms, or a government quote? Got a backorder, and need immediate stock? That’s exactly what we do best. Let us solve your problem.
BD Part #306508 - Syringe Saline Flush Fill 2mL/3mL 120/CS
306508 - 2 mL BD Pre-Filled Normal Saline Syringe, in 3 mL syringe
0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP
BD Pre-filled Saline Syringe is a normal saline filled syringe with a standard plunger rod. It features a 10 mL syringe diameter for optimal pressure distribution. Using any BD PosiFlush Saline Syringe assures compliance with PICC manufacturer recommendations for flushing with a 10 mL diameter syringe.
This product is used to help prevent IV catheters from becoming blocked and also to help remove any medication that may be left at the catheter site.
Key Product Features
|Preservative Free||Product is preservative free|
|Pyrogen Free||Product is pyrogen free|
|Syringe Tip Orientation||Concentric|
|Syringe Tip Type||BD Luer-Lok|
|Total Shelf Life||1095|
|Concentration||2 mL fill in 3 mL syringe|
|Safety Engineered||Safety engineered product|
|Safety Engineered Feature||Needleless|
|Sterilization Method||Gamma radiation, Aseptically filled|
|BPA Free||Not made with BPA|
|DEHP Free||Not made with DEHP|
|Latex Statement||Not made with natural rubber latex|
|PVC Free||Not made with PVC|
|Single Use||Product is for single use only|
Designed to Meet Your Needs
Designed to Enhance Best Clinical Practice
Flush with the smallest recommended volume
Infusion Nurses Society (INS) recommends that the minimum volume of the final flush solution should be twice the labeled priming volume of the catheter and any added devices.
A 3 mL BD PosiFlush Saline Syringe provides more than twice the priming volume recommended.
Consistent 10 mL diameter designed to lower the risk of catheter damage
Syringe size has an impact on the risk of catheter damage. Smaller diameter syringes generate greater amounts of pressure than larger diameter syringes.
Choose any size BD PosiFlush Syringe for lower pressure due to the 10 mL syringe diameter (as compared to standard syringes). All BD PosiFlush Syringes assure compliance with PICC manufacturer recommendations for with a 10 mL diameter syringe.
Use the appropriate flushing volume for sodium-restricted patient needs
Through the unique design of BD PosiFlush, clinicians can deliver the appropriate volume with minimum salt impact in a 10 mL diameter syringe.
- Tear open package at either end and remove syringe.
- Depress plunger with tip cap on to relieve the resistance between the stopper and the barrel (Fig. a).
- Using aseptic technique, remove the syringe tip cap from the FLUSH syringe by twisting it off (Fig. b).
- Hold the syringe upright and expel the air and any excess solution in the syringe by positioning the front rib of the gray plunger tip at desired solution volume (Fig. c).
- Attach the syringe to the injection site and flush, following your institutions policy.
Discard used syringe, including any unused solution, following your institutions policy (Fig. d). DO NOT REUSE
- 3, 5 and 10 mL BD PosiFlush Syringes all have the same diameter as a standard 10 mL syringe and may be used for flushing catheters when protocols stipulate use of a 10 mL syringe to minimize flush pressure (PSI).
- Please read labeling at all times.