Allow C.I.A. to white-glove your request for this item
Not buying today? Need a volume discount, Net 30 terms, or a government quote? Got a backorder, and need immediate stock? That’s exactly what we do best. Let us solve your problem.
Carefusion Part #260415 - APPLICATOR, CHLORAPREP, 3ML, ORANGE TINT, 25/BX, 4 BOX PER/CS
ChloraPrep 3 mL applicator. Choose an effective formulation.
Patient preoperative skin preparation. 2% chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG) and 70% isopropyl alcohol (IPA). Not made with natural rubber latex.
The ChloraPrep 3 mL applicator provides an easy-to-use design that delivers a unique formulation of chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG) and isopropyl alcohol (IPA). The optional Hi-Lite Orange tint provides a marker for site visualization.
- Chlorhexidine gluconate 2% w/v.
- Isopropyl alcohol 70% v/v.
- Use for the preparation of the patients skin prior to surgery. Helps to reduce bacteria that potentially can cause skin infection.
- Do not drape or use an ignition source (e.g., cautery, laser)until the solution is completely dry for a minimum of threeminutes on hairless skin and up to one hour in hair.
- Do not allow the solution to pool.
- Remove wet materials from the prep area.
- Hi-Lite Orange tint in the ChloraPrep solution is Food, Drug and Cosmetic (FD&C) Yellow #6 dye, and Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The tint eases visualization on various skin tones.
- Post-procedure, the tint slowly fades from the skin. To remove the tint, use soap and water or alcohol. The ChloraPrep patient preoperative skin preparation may remain on the skin post-procedure.
For external use only. Flammable, keep away from fire or flame. To reduce risk of fire, PREP CAREFULLY:
- Solution contains alcohol and gives off flammable vapors.
- Avoid getting solution into hairy areas. Hair may take up to 1 hour to dry. Wet hair is flammable.
- Do not drape or use ignition source (e.g., cautery, laser) until solution is completely dry (minimum of 3 minutes on hairless skin; up to 1 hour in hair).
- Do not allow solution to pool.
- Remove wet materials from prep area.
Do not use
- On patients with known allergies to chlorhexidine gluconate or isopropyl alcohol.
- For lumbar puncture or in contact with the meninges.
- On open skin wounds or as a general skin cleanser.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
- Use in a well ventilated area.
- Maximal treatment area for one applicator is approximately 4 in. x 5 in. (130 cm2)
- Remove applicator from package; do not touch sponge
- Hold the applicator with the sponge down. Pinch wings only once to activate the ampule and release the antiseptic.
- Wet the sponge by pressing and releasing the sponge against the treatment area until liquid is visible on the skin& completely wet the treatment area with antiseptic.
- Dry surgical sites (e.g., abdomen or arm): use gentle repeated back-and-forth strokes of the sponge for approximately 30 seconds. Allow solution to air dry for approximately 30 seconds. Do not blot or wipe away.
- Moist surgical sites (e.g., inguinal fold): use gentle repeated back-and-forth strokes of the sponge for approximately 2 minutes. Allow solution to air dry for approximately 1 minute. Do not blot or wipe away.
- If using an ignition source, allow the solution to completely dry (minimum of 3 minutes on hairless skin; up to 1 hour in hair). Do not blot or wipe away.
- Discard the applicator after a single use along with any portion of the solution not required to cover the prep area. It is not necessary to use the entire amount available.
Store between 1530 C (5986 F) n avoid freezing and excessive heat above 40 C (104 F) n the tint will slowly fade from the skin. Soap and water, or alcohol may be used to remove the tint if desired.
FD&C green #3 dye (Scrub-Teal applicators only), FD&C yellow #6 dye (Hi-Lite Orange applicators only), USP purified water.