Cook Medical COKG26924 - Catheter Set Melker Universal Emrgncy Cricothyrotomy 4mm & 6mm Ea
Melker Emergency Cricothyrotomy Catheter Set - Cuffed
Used for Emergency Airway Access When Conventional Endotracheal Intubation Cannot Be Performed
Melker Cuffed and Uncuffed Emergency Cricothyrotomy Catheter Sets consist of an airway catheter, scalpel, syringe, introducer needle, catheter introducer needle, wire guide and curved dilator.
NOTE: Emergency airway catheter with 6 mm inner diameter allows use of standard positive pressure ventilation techniques and will also permit spontaneous patient breathing in adults.
Melker Cuffed and Uncuffed Emergency Cricothyrotomy Catheter Sets are intended to establish emergency airway access when endotracheal intubation cannot be performed. Airway access is achieved using percutaneous entry (Seldinger) technique via the cricothyroid membrane. Subsequent dilation of the tract and tracheal entrance site permits passage of the emergency airway catheter.
Features & Benefits
- Airway access is achieved by standard wire-guided (Seldinger) technique via the cricothyroid membrane.
- Subsequent dilation of the tract and tracheal entrance site permits passage of the emergency airway.
- Catheter is cuffed to protect and control airway once placed.
- Airway catheter is radiopaque and has standard 15 mm connector.
- Cricothyrotomy Catheter
- Amplatz Extra-Stiff Wire Guide
- Percutaneous Entry Needle, 5 cm
- Percutaneous Entry Needle, 7 cm
- Tracheal Tape
- 6 mL Syringe
- Mini Scalpel
Note: *5 mm catheter in a slip peel-pouch package for easy transportation. Special packaging includes two introducer needles, 5 cm and 7 cm. FEP catheter introducer needle not included.
The Seldinger set is offered in two configurations so that you can perform procedures in a facility or in the field. The standard Seldinger set is designed for use in a facility, and the set's components are arranged so that you can quickly establish an airway. The airway catheter is cuffed to protect and control the airway after it is placed.
The Seldinger special-operations set comes in a slip-peel pouch for easy transportation, and the dilator is preinserted into the airway catheter.
The Melker Cuffed and Uncuffed Emergency Cricothyrotomy Catheter Sets are not specifically designed for pediatric applications. Use with pediatric patients should be determined by attending physician.
Consideration should be given to the following medical and anatomic conditions:
- Distorted anatomy
- Subcutaneous abscess
- Post-operative scarring/radiation
- Coagulopathies or systemic thrombolytic therapy
- This product is intended for use by physicians trained and experienced in emergency airway management techniques. Standard techniques for percutaneous placement of airway catheters should be employed.
- Patients in need of cricothyrotomy may have significant spinal injury. In patients who have sustained significant trauma, the cervical spine should be immobilized throughout the procedure, if possible.
- Whenever possible and appropriate, utilize aseptic technique and local anesthetic for the procedure.
Seldinger Technique Instructions
Supplied sterilized by ethylene oxide gas in peel-open packages. Intended for one-time use. Sterile if package is unopened or undamaged. Do not use the product if there is doubt as to whether the product is sterile. Store in a dark, dry, cool place. Avoid extended exposure to light. Upon removal from package, inspect the product to ensure no damage has occurred.