Deroyal 81-080514 - FOLEY KIT w/14FR CATHETER, STER, LTX FREE, 50/CS
Deroyal 81-080514 Foley Catheter Kits Features & Benefits
The Foley Catheter with Temperature Sensor consists of a temperature-sensing wire set secured inside a silicone catheter. The catheters balloon inflation system is terminated with a luer tip syringe-actuated, self-sealing valve. The device is available in 6 - 18 French size. The French size and balloon volume are designated on the catheter
The wire set is secured within the lumen of the foley catheter. The temperature sensor is located near the distal tip of the catheter. The connector at the proximal end interfaces with DeRoyal-approved cables for connection to a monitoring unit. The temperature monitoring sensor is available in 400 or 700 series configurations for connection to a compatible monitoring unit. Consult the user manual for the patient monitor to ensure compatibility
- Everything needed for the insertion of Foley Catheters, urine drainage and measurement
- Available with or without DeRoyals Foley Catheter Temperature Sensor
- Includes syringe pre-filled with sterile saline
- Not made with natural rubber latex Nitrile gloves included
- DEHP free
The DeRoyal Foley Catheter with Temperature Sensor is to be used for drainage of the urinary bladder and simultaneous monitoring of core body temperature.
Foley catheterization is recommended when continuous bladder drainage is required in the absence of voluntary micturition, after surgery or trauma of the pelvic organs, in the presence of obstruction or paralysis, and as a means to evaluate urine output in patients having fluid management problems.
Helpful Guidelines for Drainage
- Periodic inspection of the system should be made to ensure that urine is flowing freely and is not obstructed
- Urine drainage bag should be placed near the foot of the bed and below the level of the patients hip
- Drain tubing should be secured with the attached clip to provide a continuous downward sloping path to the drainage bag
- When transporting the patient, do not place the drainage bag on the patients abdomen or between the patients leg
- Excess tubing should be arranged to permit straight-line drainage or coiled in a manner that does not allow the tubing to kink or fall below the level of the drainage bag
- Do not position the tubing under the patients leg where weight can kink or impede the flow
- Never allow the drainage bag to be placed on the floor
Foley Catheter Inflation
Prior to insertion, test the balloon inflation and deflation. The balloon should be fully deflated before insertion.
Ensure that the foley catheter balloon is positioned well within the patients bladder. Slowly, with a gentle, constant force, the catheter balloon must be inflated with the recommended volume of sterile water, depending on balloon size (refer to table below). Improperly inflated foley catheter balloons may cause drainage and deflation difficulties. Using fluid other than sterile water may cause the balloon to empty improperly, especially after dwell times.
Prior to removing the catheter, deflate the balloon by inserting the luer tip of an empty syringe into the valve and aspirating the solution completely. If the balloon does not collapse after attempting this step, then sever the valve arm. If balloon still does not deflate, call physician.
Deroyal 81-080514 Foley Catheter Kits Directions for Use
- Use aseptic technique in patient preparation and catheter care.
- Verify the compatibility of the catheter, interface cable, and patient monitor before use.
- Remove the Foley Catheter with Temperature Sensor from its sterile package.
- Lubricate the catheter with a suitable water soluble lubricant and insert using acceptable medical techniques.
- Make sure that the catheter is draining properly before inserting the balloon.
- To inflate the balloon, insert a luer tip syringe filled with the recommended amount of sterile water into the valve, (i.e. 3 cc or 5 cc). Depress the plunger. The valve will seal when the syringe tip is withdrawn.
- Attach drainage tubing and bag.
- Secure the catheter, drainage tubing and bag in place by following accepted medical technique.
- Connect the temperature probe to the appropriate reusable cable
Deroyal 81-080514 Foley Catheter Kits Device Characteristics
|What MRI safety information does the labeling contain?||Labeling does not contain MRI Safety Information|
|Device required to be labeled as containing natural rubber latex or dry natural rubber (21 CFR 801.437)||No|
|Device labeled as "Not made with natural rubber latex"||Yes|
|Prescription Use (Rx)||Yes|
|Over the Counter (OTC)||No|
|Human Cell, Tissue or Cellular or Tissue-Based Product (HCT/P)||No|