3M 3345 - BARRIER, FILM, CAVILON, NO-STING, 3.0ML, WAND, 25/BX
3M 3345 Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film
3M Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is a polymeric solution which forms a uniform film when applied to the skin. The product is dispersed in a unique non-cytotoxic, non-stinging solvent, which dries rapidly. Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film helps to protect intact or damaged skin from irritation caused by urine and/or fecal incontinence, digestive fluids, wound drainage, adhesives, and friction. The film is colorless, transparent, and possesses good oxygen and moisture vapor permeability.
The gentler way to protect skin from body fluids, adhesives and friction. Alcohol-free barrier film applies without stinging. Forms a breathable, transparent film for long-lasting protection. It is fast drying and non-sticky for better patient comfort. Works even when applied over an area with bends or creases. Non-cytotoxic and hypoallergenic, Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film can be used on both intact and damaged skin. Provides clinically-proven protection against incontinence-associated dermatitis (IAD). The gentler way to protect skin from body fluids, adhesives and friction. Alcohol-free barrier film applies without stinging.
Features and Benefits of 3M 3345 Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film
- Clinically-Proven Supported by more clinical evidence than any other moisture barrier or barrier film, 70+ clinical studies
- Versatile Solution that Guards Skin From the Outside in- solution for many skin problems including, medical adhesive-related skin injury (MARSI), periwound skin damage, peristomal skin damage, incontinence-associated dermatitis and other moisture and friction skin damage prevention needs
- Patient Friendly Alcohol-free, hypoallergenic formula won't sting or irritate skin -- can be used on intact or damaged skin
- Simplifies Caregiving Cost effective, durable, breathable, fast drying, non-sticky, waterproof and CHG compatible formula allows for continuous visualization and monitoring of the skin
- Unique Formulation - Original, and only terpolymer based alcohol-free barrier film that provides protection from skin damage. It is flexible and conforms to the skin during movement and position changes allowing for a continuous skin protection barrier
3M 3345 Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film Directions for Use
- Skin should be clean and dry prior to application of Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film.
- Apply a uniform coating of film over entire area of concern.
- If an area is missed, reapply to that area only after first application of Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film has dried (approximately 30 seconds)
- If Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is applied to area with skin folds or other skin-to-skin contact, make sure that skin contact areas are separated to allow the film to thoroughly dry before returning to normal position.
- When used under adhesive tapes, dressings, or devices:
- (a) allow Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film to thoroughly dry before covering with dressings or adhesive products.
- (b) reapplication of Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is necessary each time dressing and/or adhesive products are changed; the barrier film is removed by the adhesive.
It is not necessary to remove Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film. Buildup of barrier film may look like white scaling but is not harmful. If desired, it may be removed with a gentle medical adhesive remover.
3M 3345 Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film Specifications
Boxes per Case
Dressing & Device Securement, I.V. Related, Pressure Ulcer, Skin Care, Wound Care
Spray, Wand, Wipe
Cardiovascular, Critical Care, Dialysis Center, EMERGENCY, I.V. Therapy, Intensive Care Unit, Labor & Delivery, Medical-Surgical, Oncology, Operating Room-Surgery, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Radiology, Urgent Care, Wound Care
Dressing and Device Securement Condition Type
Adhesive Trauma, Skin Injuries-Allergic & Irritant Contact Dermatitis, Skin Injuries-Maceration, Skin Injuries-Mechanical, Surgical Wound, Tube & Device Securement-Infusion & Monitoring, Tube & Device Securement-Lightweight Tubes & Devices
Factory ISO Certification
No ISO Certification information available
IV Related Condition Type
Arterial Catheter, CVC Dialysis, CVC Implanted Port, CVC PICC, CVC Short-Term, CVC Tunneled, Epidural Catheter, PIV
Units per Case
Units per Pack
12 , 25 , 30 , 50 , 100
0.025 fl oz, 0.034 fl oz, 0.101 fl oz, 0.947 fl oz
0.75 mL, 1 mL, 3 mL, 28 mL, 30 mL