3M 90003 - Dressing Tegaderm Oval 4x4-3/4" Adhesive Film Border 5/Bx, 12 BX/CA
3M Tegaderm Hydrocolloid Dressings (Oval), 4 in. x 4.75 in., 10 cm x 12 cm, 13 cm x 15 cm
Keeping an adhesive hydrocolloid dressing in place used to be a problem, but 3M Tegaderm Hydrocolloid Adhesive Dressings have an innovative design that provides a long wear time for partial- to full-thickness wounds with low- to moderate-exudate. Tegaderm Hydrocolloid Dressing maintains a moist wound environment for healing.
- Unique hydrocolloid rapidly absorbs exudate without breakdown
- Smooth outer surface helps protect from shearing caused by friction
- May be used to help prevent damage to intact skin
- May be worn for up to 7 days
- Available in standard and thin design
- Outer film border protects wound and surrounding skin from contaminants and body fluids*
3M Tegaderm Hydrocolloid Dressings support wound management in two ways. First, the inner layer of hydrocolloid adhesive rapidly absorbs exudate providing significantly higher absorbency during the first 48 hours than the leading competitive dressing. In addition to excellent absorbency, the breathable outer film layer maintains a consistently high rate of moisture vapour transmission. Together, these features ensure an optimal moist wound environment, minimize the chance for damage to healthy periwound skin and provide cost-effective wear time up to seven days.
The adhesive used on the Tegaderm Hydrocolloid Dressings film edge is a hypoallergenic adhesive developed specifically to provide the enhanced adhesion needed in moist skin areas.
Composition/information on ingredients
- Unique hydrocolloid adhesive rapidly absorbs exudate without breaking down or leaving residue in the wound for easier dressing application.
- Dressing ensures an optimal moist wound healing environment which has been shown to enhance healing.
- Smooth outer surface protects skin from shearing caused by friction, may be used for prevention of damage to intact skin.
- May be worn up to seven days.
Protection from Contaminants:
- Outer film barrier protects the wound and surrounding skin from contaminants and body fluids.*
- Provides a consistently high moisture vapour transmission to reduce the potential for periwound skin maceration.
*Laboratory testing has proven that the film provides a barrier against HIV-1 and HBV while the dressing remains intact without leakage.
Tegaderm Hydrocolloid Dressing provides excellent patient comfort, dressing adherence and wound management. The thin, flexible, conformable, low-profile dressings are comfortable because there is less bulk to catch on bed linens. With film dressing border, there is less likelihood of edge lift. Water resistance allows the patient to shower or have a bed bath without wound contamination.
- Special film bordered "notch" area allows application in close proximity to the anal opening while still providing a barrier to contamination by feces or urine.
- Provides non-tenting border application into the gluteal cleft area to seal against incontinence and other body fluids.
- Leaves no hydrocolloid residue in the wound for fast, easier dressing change.
- Outer film layer provides consistently high moisture vapour transmission reducing the potential for periwound skin maceration.
- Film border provides secure seal against outside contaminants.
The high rate of moisture vapour transmission reduces the potential for maceration. The barrier cover plus absorbency promote long wear time. For use on partial and full thickness dermal ulcers, superficial wounds, abrasions, superficial partial-thickness burns and donor sites.
3M Tegaderm Hydrocolloid Dressing Stays in Place for Long Wear Time and Potential Cost Savings
Ideal for Low- to Moderate-Draining Wounds
- Proven up to 7 day wear time provides undisturbed moist wound environment which has been shown to enhance healing
- Smooth outer surface helps reduce the risk of shear and friction
- Adhesive dressings continue to adhere and protect the wound in the presence of incontinence
- Long wear time means less dressing changes and potentially lower costs
Maximize Sacral Protection
- The sacral shape stays in place
- Provides non-tenting border application in the gluteal cleft to seal against incontinence
- Easy to wipe off after incontinent episodes
- Reduced need for unnecessary dressing changes
- Convenient one-handed application
Variety of Shapes and Sizes
Tegaderm Hydrocolloid Dressings are available in three convenient shapes - oval, sacral and square. Oval and sacral shapes have a film border. The film border eliminates the need for tape and makes dressing application easier. Ovals and squares are also available in a thin dressing design.
Comfort for Patients
Tegaderm Hydrocolloid Dressings provide excellent patient comfort, dressing adherence and wound management. The flexible, conformable, low-profile dressings are comfortable because there is less bulk to catch on bed linens. With film dressing border, there is less likelihood of edge lift. Water resistance allows the patient to shower or to have a bed bath.
Three separate lots (6 replicates for each lot) of 3M Tegaderm Hydrocolloid Dressing and DuoDERM CGF Dressing were tested for absorbency. Results were recorded as grams of solution absorbed per gram of dressing material. Absorbency was measured at 2, 4, 24 and 48 hours. The results from the absorbency testing indicate that Tegaderm Hydrocolloid Dressing had a statistically significant higher mean absorbency than DuoDERM CGF Dressing at every time point (p<0.0001). The following graph displays the mean absorbency across time.
*In vitro testing shows that the transparent film of Tegaderm , Tegaderm Advanced, Tegaderm HP and Tegaderm CHG dressings provides a viral barrier from viruses 27 nm in diameter or larger while the dressing remains intact without leakage.
Application Instructions for Oval Dressing
Commonly Asked Questions
Question: How does Tegaderm Hydrocolloid compare to ConvaTec DuoDerm and CGF Dressings?
Answer: Tegaderm Hydrocolloid demonstrates excellent absorbency compared with other leading hydrocolloid dressings. It shows significantly higher absorbency during the first 48 hours. There is no breakdown or hydrocolloid residue left in the wound. The special shape and size allows convenient placement in the sacral/coccyx area. Most other hydrocolloid dressings are square in shape rather than oval.
Question: Is tape needed to hold the Tegaderm Hydrocolloid in place?
Answer: Tegaderm Hydrocolloid oval and sacral shaped dressings are bordered with a low profile, film/adhesive edge to eliminate the need for additional tape. When using the square shaped TegadermHydrocolloids, bordering the edge with tape is recommended.
Question: What is the advantage of 3M Tegaderm Transparent Film Dressing technology on the surface of the Tegaderm Hydrocolloid?
Answer: The water-resistant seal allows showering and bed baths.
- Acts as a barrier to liquids, bacteria and viruses.
- Traps and controls odors which are characteristically associated with some wounds.
- Provides a comfortable, moist environment for optimal wound healing.
- Reduces and minimizes the likelihood of exudate leakage.
- Provides washability of the outside of the dressing.
- Provides a low profile border and smooth outer surface to reduce friction.