3M 90800 - DRESSING, CLR-ACRYLIC, TEGADERM, SM, 3X3.75", 30 EA/CS, 6 BX/CS
3M 90800 Tegaderm Absorbent Clear Acrylic Dressing
3M Tegaderm Absorbent Clear Acrylic Dressing is a transparent, absorbent dressing offering an extended wear time and a clear view of healing wounds. 3M Tegaderm Absorbent Clear Acrylic Dressing is a unique, absorbent dressing that offers a clear view of the wound. Innovative acrylic polymer absorbent pad is transparent, allowing the wound to be monitored without changing the dressing. At the same time, it effectively handles low to moderate wound drainage.
Features and Benefits of 3M 90800 Tegaderm Absorbent Clear Acrylic Dressing
- Transparent dressing allows for wound monitoring without changing the dressing
- Clear design takes the guesswork out of application over the wound
- Novel acrylic polymer pad technology designed to handle low to moderate wound drainage
- No dressing breakdown in the wound
- Low friction surface minimizes potential for friction and shear
- Allows for gentle removal from skin
- Barrier to external contaminants, body fluids, bacteria and viruses.* *In vitro testing shows that the transparent film provides a viral barrier from viruses 27nm in diameter or larger while the dressings remain intact without leakage
Instructions for Use of 3M 90800 Tegaderm Absorbent Clear Acrylic Dressing
- Hold the dressing by a tab and peel the liner from the dressing, exposing the adhesive surface.
- Hold the dressing by the tabs and centre the dressing over the wound, adhesive side down. Avoid stretching the dressing.
- Gently press the dressing in place, smoothing from the centre outward
- Slowly remove the paper frame while pressing down and smoothing the film border to ensure good adhesion
Dressing Application: Sacral Design
- Fold the dressing in half with the liner side exposed.
- Holding both tabs with one hand, remove the liner.
- Spread buttocks to get a better surface for dressing placement. While still holding both tabs, position the dressing over the wound, tilting the dressing toward the anal area.
- Secure dressing notch in the anal region first and press in place.
- Press dressing in place from the centre outward. Avoid stretching the dressing or the skin.
- Remove the dressing frame, starting at the top and gently pulling down. Do not lift the film edge. Smooth the dressing in place from the centre outward. Repeat until all sections of the frame are removed.
- Select dressing size to adequately cover wounds. Apply the first dressing per steps 14 in Dressing Application.
- Overlap second dressing as needed to cover remaining wounds.
- Gently press the dressing in place, smoothing from the centre outward.
- Carefully lift the film edges from the skin. If there is difficulty lifting the dressing, apply tape to the edge and use tape to lift.
- Continue lifting the film until all edges are free from the skin surface.
- Remove the dressing slowly, folding it over itself. Pull carefully in the direction of hair growth.
Suggested applications of 3M 90800 Tegaderm Absorbent Clear Acrylic Dressing
- Over skin tears and superficial traumatic wounds
- Skin tears
- Pressure ulcers
- Superficial wounds
- As a primary dressing over surgical wounds
- Donor sites
- Clean, closed approximated surgical incisions or laparoscopic incisions
3M 90800 Tegaderm Absorbent Clear Acrylic Dressing Specifications
4.0 Cartons per Case
Dialysis Centre, General Patient Care, Home Care, ICU
Pressure Ulcer, Wound Care
Home Care, Long-Term Care, Wound Care
Factory ISO Certification
No ISO Certification information available
Therapeutic Area and Conditions
Friction Burns, Low-Moderately Exuding Wounds, Post-Op Wounds, Pre-Tibial Lacerations, Pressure Ulcers, Skin Graft Donor Sites
Units per Pack
Wound Dressing Length (metric)
Wound Dressing Width (metric)
Dimensions and Classifications of 3M 90800 Tegaderm Absorbent Clear Acrylic Dressing
Overall Length (Imperial)
Overall Length (Metric)
Overall Width (Imperial)
Overall Width (Metric)