Avanos Medical UC5.0 - 5.0 Fr Urinary Drainage Catheter, Silicone, 10/Case
Avanos Medical UC5.0 - 5.0 Fr Urinary Drainage Catheter, Silicone
When it is necessary to measure urinary output, the NeoMed Urinary Drainage Kit is the answer. The clinician may choose among our offerings of 3.5Fr, 5.0Fr, 6.5Fr and 8.0Fr kits
Our unique focus on the special needs of the Neonatal patient yields products that help produce the best possible clinical outcome at an economical cost. NeoMed offers the most complete line of Urinary Collection Kits and Drainage Catheters on the market today. When it is necessary to measure urinary output, the NeoMed Urinary Drainage Kit is the answer. The clinician may choose among our offerings of 3.5Fr, 5.0Fr, 6.5Fr and 8.0Fr kits.
When aseptic work-up is necessary, the NeoMed Lumbar Puncture Kits and Needles are the answer. Several features of our kits include: A Quinke style needle constructed with a clear hub for visualization and kits built with four specimen vials, all contained in a compact tray
Avanos Medical UC5.0 - 5.0 Fr Urinary Drainage Catheter, Silicone Features & Benefits
- French Sizes: 3.5, 5.0, 6.5 and 8.0
- Silicone Material
- Minimal irritation to the intima of the urethra
- Indelibly marked at each centimeter
- Easier placement and charting
- Open distal end catheter, non-Foley balloon catheter
- Complete drainage lessens the likelihood of infection
- No bending, kinking or knotting of catheter inside the bladder
Avanos Medical UC5.0 - 5.0 Fr Urinary Drainage Catheter, Silicone Instructions for Use
The use of this product must be preceded by an established institutional protocol and performed by person trained in the procedure and knowledgeable of the inherent risks.
- Remove contents from the package
- Follow established institutional protocols for placement, use and maintenance
- Use appropriate precautions to prevent exposure to biological hazards while handling.
- Silicone catheters are fragile and must be handled with care. Forceps, clamps and sharp instruments can damage catheters. DO NOT suture the catheter.
- Apply a small amount of water soluble lubricant to the tip of the catheter. Insert catheter until urine flow is initiated and advance the catheter an additional 1 cm to insure that the second side hole of the catheter is in bladder.
DO NOT insert the catheter too far. If uncertain of tip location, verify with radiography.
- Secure catheter with tape to prevent dislodging or migration. CAUTION: There is no balloon in this catheter to hold it in the bladder.
- Connect catheter to a urinary collection system.
- Remove catheter gently and slowly. Excessive force cause catheter to rupture.
Attachment to Collection Set
- Attach Luer lock connector to catheter
- Open pinch clamp
- A Velcro strip is located on the side of the Burette for attachment to the patients bed and must be attached below the level of the patient
- CAUTION: The collection burette must be kept upright at all times. If the air vent filter located at the top of the burette becomes wet, catheter will not drain.
- A needle less port is provided for specimen sampling and irrigation. To use close pinch clamp, swab injection site and attach syringe to activate valve.
- A valve is located at the bottom of the burette for drainage of the set.