Allow C.I.A. to white-glove your request for this item
Not buying today? Need a volume discount, Net 30 terms, or a government quote? Got a backorder, and need immediate stock? That’s exactly what we do best. Let us solve your problem.
BSN Medical Part #76168 - Tape Leukotape P Athletic 1-1/2"x15yd Rayon Cloth Adhesive Tan Rl, 30 RL/CA
Leukotape P Rigid Strapping Tape, 76168, 1.5 in x 15 yds, 30 rolls / case
Leukotape P is a high strength, rigid strapping tape, with a very strong, zinc oxide adhesive. It is porous and hand-tearable, yet offers extra strong support for sprains and strains. Ideal for patellofemoral taping. Use in conjunction with Cover Roll Stretch. Strapping Tape offers strong stable and secure support restricting the movement in joint area, helping to prevent excessive stress on joint area, contains zinc oxide adhesive to help hold tape in place while doing a physical activity or sport.
Features & Benefits
- High tensile strength tape
- Very strong adhesive, enabling it to hold the patella in proper alignment
- Hand tearable - for ease of application
- Porous adhesive, allowing skin to breathe whilst maintaining adhesion
- Strong woven fabric for maximum durability & strength.
- Unwinds easily & evenly from the roll.
- Moulds well to the body part being taped.
- Handles well off the roll without creasing.
- Air permeability allows for evaporation of sweat, maintaining strength and stability.
- Patello femoral taping
- Rigid joint immobilisation
- Provides extra strong support for sports injuries (e.g. sprains and strains)
- Prophylaxis of sports injuries
- Limitation of movement
How to Prepare the Skin
Before you apply the tape, you need to prepare the area to be taped by:
- Shaving the area - for best results, wet-shaving the skin 12 hours before or using an electric razor just prior.
- Cleaning the area by using a tape remover to remove the body oil.
- Covering any rashes or broken skin with a non-stick wound pad.
- Applying an underwrap to the area, (optional). An underwrap will help protect tape-sensitive skin.
Where to Apply the Tape
- Joints are normally strapped in their "at rest" position.
- Do not use the limb to pull against when getting the tape off the roll.
- Hold the roll in one hand and pull the tape off with the other hand, then apply gently OR cut off the required number of strips of the correct length before you start applying.
How Tight Should the Tape Be?
- Flexing the muscles when applying the tape will help you get the correct tension.
- Check that the tape is not too tight by pinching the skin below the tape for a few seconds.
- The skin should return to its normal colour when released.
- If the tape is too loose, it will not support the joint.
- If it is too tight, then it could cut off the blood supply.
- If numbness and tingling result, remove tape or bandage and reapply with reduced tightness.\
How Much Tape to Apply
- For maximum strength, overlap each layer of strapping tape by 1/3-1/2.
- The amount you use depends upon the amount of support you need. If you use too little, then you are not providing enough support to the joint. If you use too much, then you could reduce the mobility of surrounding muscles.
When to Remove the Tape
- Remove the tape as soon as you have finished training or playing.
How to Remove the Tape
- Ideally, remove the tape using bandage scissors. Place the scissors over a soft part of the limb (not over the bone) then slide under the tape and cut.
- Peel down over the top of the tape. Do not peel at right angles away from the limb.
- Peel gently and evenly - do not rip.
- A tape remover can help to quickly and painlessly remove tapes and bandages. It also helps to remove any tape residue from the skin.
Which Tape To Use
To restrict joint movement, use a rigid strapping tape.
|Preventative ankle taping||Rigid Strapping Tape 38mm or 50mm for large joints|
|Treatment such as injured ankle, elbow, fingers||Rigid Strapping Tape 25mm or 12.5mm|
|Treatment such as injured shoulder, knee, feet||Rigid Strapping Tape 50mm|
|Application||Orthopedic Corrective Tape|
|Dimensions||1.5 in x 15 yds|
|Material||Rayon / Zinc Oxide|