Cardinal Health 2D72LU65 - GLOVE, PROTEXIS, LATEX, BLU, NEU-THERA, SZ6.5, 200 PR/CS, 4 BX/CS
Protexis Latex Blue with Neu-Thera
Protexis Latex Blue with Neu-Thera Surgical Gloves are an ideal base layer in a double-gloving system. The Neu-Thera Emollient Coating moisturizes and soothes the skin, while their blue color helps alert the wearer to potentially dangerous perforations.
A Smart Foundation!
With advances in manufacturing and coating technologies, powder is no longer required as a donning lubricant. Powderfree surgical gloves provide the protection and performance needed without the irritant effects of powder.Protexis Latex Blue with Neu-Thera Surgical Gloves are an ideal base layer in a double-gloving system.
The Neu-Thera Emollient Coating moisturizes and soothes the skin, while their blue color helps alert the wearer to potentially dangerous perforations. Protexis is the new brand name of the powder-free portfolio of surgical gloves from Cardinal Health. It represents our ongoing dedication to providing protection, performance and expertise so wearers can perform confidently and focus on their patients.
- Powder-free, natural rubber latex.
- Ideal foundation layer or underglove when double-gloving.
- Distinct blue color aids in alerting wearers to perforations in the outer glove.
- Exclusive Neu-Thera Emollient Coating aids in wet and dry donning, and promotes skin moisturization.
- Proprietary hand mold with an independent thumb design allows for an anatomical fit and natural movement in the fingers, thumb and palm.
- Featuring an interlocking, beaded cuff design that helps to reduce roll-down.
- Ingredients include glycerin, provitamin B5 and gluconolactone --Applied to the interior of the gloves.
- Supports glove donnability on/off, dry/damp, single/double --Moisturizes, restores and soothes hands during wear.
- Encourages compliance with hand washing and surgical hand antisepsis guidelines.
- Natural rubber latex with nitrile polymer and Neu-Thera Emollient Coating.
- Protein contains 50 micrograms (g) or less of total water extractable protein per square decimeter (/dm2 ).
- Powder-Free powder residue limit < 2.0 milligrams (mg) per glove.
- Size: 6.5: 165.1 mm
- Finger: 7.7 mils / 0.19 mm
- Palm: 5.5 mils / =0.14 mm
- Cuff: 5.5 mils / =0.14 mm
Properties (before aging)
- Tensile Strength: 24 MPa
- Stress @ 500% elongation (modulus): 5.5 MPa.
- Ultimate Elongation (elasticity): 750%
- Puncture resistance (cuff): 5N.
- Freedom from holes: 0.65 AQL.
Double-gloving: Recommended protection
- AORN recommends double-gloving during invasive procedures.
- ACS recommends the universal adoption of the double-glove technique for surgeons and scrub personnel.
- AAOS recommends double-gloving during all surgical procedures and to change the outer pair of gloves at least every two hours.
- CDC recommends double-gloving to reduce contact with patients blood and body fluids.