Covidien 8886301561 - Suture Ticron Poly Blue V-20 0 48" 36/BX
Covidien 8886301561 TI-CRON Braided Polyester Suture, Taper Point, Size 0, 48", Needle V-20, 1/2 Circle, Blue (Pack of 36)
An Ideal Suture for Valve Replacement and Valve Repair Procedures
Ti-Cron polyester sutures are non-absorbable, sterile surgical sutures composed of polyethylene terephthalate. These braided sutures are available uncoated or coated uniformly with silicone to increase surface lubricity, enhancing handling characteristics, ease of passage through tissue, and knot run-down properties. Ti-Cron sutures are indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and/or ligation, including use in cardiovascular, ophthalmic and neural tissue.
- Maximum security in approximation of tissues under stress conditions
- Permanent support (tensile strength is retained indefinitely)
- Maximum security with prosthetic implants
Pre-Cut - TI-CRON Size 0, Blue, 48", V-20
|Item Number||Structure||Suture Type||USP||Metric||Length. (CM)||Composition||Coating||Absorption Profile||Color||Box Qty|
Soft and Supple
Available as firm and soft pledgets in four sizes:
- Cardiopoint needles:
- Specialized cardiac needles less likely to break when operating at difficult angles
- Y needles with smaller cutting tip
- Surgalloy premium needle alloy designed to enhance needle strength
- NuCoat coating maintains needle sharpness over the duration of the procedure, resulting in consistent penetration, pass after pass
- Flat-pressed needles: CVF needles are available for enhanced stability in the needle driver
- Taper-cutting needles (KV) have a taper body with a cutting tip
Indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and/or ligation, including use in cardiovascular, neurological and ophthalmic surgery.
- Plastic and General Surgery
Ti-Cron suture packaging provides:
|What MRI safety information does the labeling contain?||Labeling does not contain MRI Safety Information|
|Device required to be labeled as containing natural rubber latex or dry natural rubber (21 CFR 801.437):||No|
|Device labeled as "Not made with natural rubber latex":||No|
|Prescription Use (Rx):||Yes|
|Over the Counter (OTC):||No|
|Human Cell, Tissue or Cellular or Tissue-Based Product (HCT/P):||No|
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions: Are Ti-Cron sutures different from Surgidac sutures?
Answer: Yes, Ti-Cron and Surgidac sutures are both polyester sutures. However, Ti-Cron sutures are coated with Silicone while Surgidac sutures are not. It is this Silicone coating that gives Ti-Cron its supple feel.
Questions: I used to get Surgidac sutures but Ti-Cron sutures have shown up in its place. Why?
Answer: To maximize our suture offering to our customers, we have undergone an extensive suture integration. Surgidac has been integrated to Ti-Cron suture because of the clinical advantages that the Ti-Cron product offers.
Questions: Are Surgidac sutures still available?
Answer:Uncoated Surgidac sutures are still available for use in ophthalmic surgery.