Covidien SC5587G - Suture Caprosyn Mono Vio P13 5-0 18" 12/BX
Caprosyn Monofilament Absorbable Sutures
Caprosyn synthetic absorbable suture's quick absorption (56 days), durable polymer material and monofilament construction provide smooth passage through tissue, better approximation or ligation, and minimized potentiation of infection. Patients can experience less discomfort during healing, less wound complications and a faster recovery.
Premium Reverse Cutting - Caprosyn 5-0 Violet 18" P-13
|Item Number||Structure||Suture Type||Size USP||EP||Length. (CM)||Color||Box Qty|
Strong and Secure Wound Approximation
Caprosyn synthetic absorbable sutures have an absorption profile of 56 days. Caprosyn sutures feature a durable polymer material and monofilament construction which provide smooth passage through tissue, better approximation and ligation, and minimized potentiation of infection. Patients can experience less discomfort during healing and less wound complications which can result in a faster recovery. These sutures are colored violet to increase visibility and are also available undyed. Caprosyn sutures are indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and/or ligation.
The advanced extrusion process of the molecule of Polygytone 6211 gives the suture:
- Strong and secure wound approximation during the critical wound healing period
- Predictable absorption profile
- Excellent handling
- Excellent knot security
Caprosyn sutures are indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and/or ligation, but not for use in cardiovascular or neurological surgery, microsurgery, or ophthalmic surgery.
Why Use Caprosyn?
The Importance of Speed for Recovery - Quick Absorption Can Lessen Wound Complications
Patients can experience less discomfort during healing. Caprosyn sutures quick absorption, durable polymer material and monofilament construction means smooth passage through tissue, better approximation or ligation, and minimized potentiation of infection. In other words, working toward a faster recovery for your patients.
Specifically, Caprosyn sutures deliver a much faster absorption rate than other USP synthetic absorbable sutures - essentially complete in 56 days.
- Can experience less discomfort
- Smooth Passage
- Better approximation or ligation
- Minimized potentiation of infefction
- Faster recovery
Advantages of Caprosyn Over Gut Suture
- Lower Tissue Reactivity - Synthetic suture is inherently less reactive and may reduce the chances of scarring and adhesions.
- Suture Integrity - Caprosyn maintains integrity after multiple passes whereas Gut suture may fray after multiple passes.
- Predictable Strength and Absorption Profiles - Gut may display inconsistent strength and absorption profiles based on the variable factors involved in enzymatic absorption and in the gut material itself.
- Less Tissue Drag - Monofilament surface of Caprosyn results in less tissue drag than the twisted surface of Gut suture.
- Superior Handling - Caprosyn is extremely easy to handle and tie compared to Gut suture.
- Superior Strength Out-of-Package - Caprosyn is stronger out-of-package and provides secure wound approximation for ten days.
- Reduced Potentiation of Infection - The enzymatic degradation of Gut suture is reactive to the host tissue and typically results in greater bacterial presence than Caprosyn, which is degraded by hydrolysis.
CAPROSYN synthetic absorbable sutures are indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and/or ligation, but not for use in cardiovascular or neurological surgery, microsurgery, or ophthalmic surgery.
This suture, being absorbable, should not be used where extended approximation of tissue is required.
CAPROSYN synthetic absorbable sutures elicit a minimal acute inflammatory reaction in tissues, which is followed by gradual encapsulation of the suture by fibrous connective tissue. Progressive loss of tensile strength and eventual absorption of CAPROSYN synthetic absorbable sutures occurs by means of hydrolysis. Absorption begins as a loss of tensile strength followed by a loss of mass.
Subcutaneous tissue implantation studies in animals indicate that CAPROSYN synthetic absorbable sutures retain a minimum of 5060% USP and EP knot strength at 5 days post-implantation, and a minimum of 2030% of USP and EP knot strength at 10 days post-implantation. All of the original tensile strength is essentially lost by 21 days post-implantation.
- Ethylene oxide.
Absorption begins as a loss of tensile strength without appreciable loss of mass. Absorption of CAPROSYN synthetic absorbable sutures is essentially complete by 56 days.
CAPROSYN synthetic absorbable sutures are available in USP sizes 1 (4 metric) through 6-0 (0.7 metric). They are available undyed (natural) and dyed (purple). The sutures are supplied sterile, in pre-cut lengths or ligating reels, non-needled or affixed to various needle types: in one, two, or three dozen boxes.
|What MRI safety information does the labeling contain?||Labeling does not contain MRI Safety Information|
|Device required to be labeled as containing natural rubber latex or dry natural rubber (21 CFR 801.437):||No|
|Device labeled as "Not made with natural rubber latex":||No|
|Prescription Use (Rx):||Yes|
|Over the Counter (OTC):||No|
|Human Cell, Tissue or Cellular or Tissue-Based Product (HCT/P):||No|