Deroyal M5166 - Heavy-Duty Gait Belt, 56" L x 2" WNatural Color, Each
Deroyal M5166 Heavy-Duty Gait Belt Features
The DeRoyal Gait Belts are intended to be prescribed by a properly licensed practitioner to provide caregivers a secure point to hold while assisting patients with walking and/or transfer.
- Durable cotton construction
- 'Tiger-tooth' locking buckle for increased durability and maximum hold
- Available in two lengths
- Yellow version helps to easily identify fall risk patients
- Rx Only
- Magnetic Resonance Safe
- Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex
Contraindications of Deroyal M5166 Heavy-Duty Gait Belt
- Do not use on a patient who is or may become highly aggressive or agitated.
- Never use on a patient if an I.V. or wound site could be compromised by the device.
Warnings of Deroyal M5166 Heavy-Duty Gait Belt
- Improper application or use of any restraint may result in serious injury or death.
- Always secure straps to a portion of the bed or wheelchair that moves with the patient.
- Always keep straps out of patients reach.
- Belts should be worn over patients clothing.
- Check the patient regularly to ensure circulation is not compromised.
Deroyal M5166 Heavy-Duty Gait Belt Cautions
- A physician or properly licensed practitioner (a "prescriber") who is familiar with the use and purpose of this product must fit it to the user. The prescriber has a duty to provide wearing instructions and risks related to the use of this product to other healthcare practitioners treating the users and the users themselves, including duration of use. The instructions provided in this sheet do not supersede hospital protocol or direct orders of the prescriber. Use only as directed.
- DO NOT attempt to use this device on an incoherent patient.
- DO NOT apply the device where any I.V. or wound site could be compromised.
- Inspect product for damaged or missing components before use. Discontinue use and consult your prescriber if the product or its components break, become damaged or if cleaning is insufficient.
- Inspect the fit of the product on the patient to ensure fit is proper. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
- Consult your prescriber immediately if you experience sensation changes, unusual reactions. Swelling or increased pain while using this product. D