Allow C.I.A. to white-glove your request for this item
Not buying today? Need a volume discount, Net 30 terms, or a government quote? Got a backorder, and need immediate stock? That’s exactly what we do best. Let us solve your problem.
ICU Medical Part #CH2000S - Spinning Spiros CSTD Male Luer, 100/Ca
Spinning Spiros CSTD Male Luer,For use on a syringe or administration set with locking spin collar.
Automatically creates a needlefree closed system for the safe mixing, transfer, administration, and disposal of hazardous drugs. Helping Prevent Leaks or Spills of Hazardous Drugs Throughout the Entire Safe Handling Continuum. Spiros creates a mechanically and microbiologically closed system to protect the integrity of the IV fluid container, whether it is on a syringe or on the end of an IV set.
Traditional methods of preparing chemotherapy drugs require the use of needles, resulting in open systems that allow for the escape of hazardous vapors, drips, and spills. Spiros eliminates the use of needles and may be used to access any female luer or needlefree connector. Upon disconnecting from a needlefree connector, the Spiros automatically self-seals and closes the system, preventing spills from syringes or IV sets, and remains closed until it accesses a standard needlefree connector.
Spiros is available in both spinning and non-spinning models. The spinning Spiros provides enhanced security because it permanently attaches to a device.
- Antineoplastic Drug Compatible.
- Mechanically and Microbiologically Closed.
- Contains No Latex, PVC or Phthalate.
Spiros CSTD Male Luer
Helping Prevent Leaks or Spills of Hazardous Drugs Throughout the Entire Safe Handling Continuum. Automatically creates a needlefree closed system for the safe mixing, transfer, administration, and disposal of hazardous drugs.
- Closed system prevents leaks and drug vapor escape in the treatment area.
- Needlefree device ensures compliance with needlefree policies.
- Requires no cumbersome assembly of components.
- Features automatic self-sealing technology.
- Available with locking spin collar.
Accessing the Fluid Path
- The Spiros is a passively Closed Male Luer that automatically seals off the fluid path of an administration set or syringe to prevent fluid leaks, or the ingress of bacteria.
- When the Spiros is attached to a needlefree connector, the rim of the needlefree connector contacts and depresses the activation ears, which opens the fluid path. Fluid can then either be infused or aspirated through the Spiros.
- When the Spiros is disconnected from the needlefree connector, either intentionally or by accident, the Spiros automatically self-seals and closes off the fluid path to prevent any leaks.
- Flow Rate at Gravity 221 mL / minute.
- Backpressure When Unactivated 72 psig.
- Functional Activations 100.
- Priming Volume 0.1 mL.
- Negative Displacement Upon Disconnect 0.01 0.03 mL.