Medline CUR250383 - DRESSING, GAUZE, OIL EMLSN, CURAD, 3X8", 3/PK, 108/BX
CURAD Sterile Oil Emulsion Gauze
Compare to Adaptic Non-Adhering Dressing Knitted, high porosity cellulose acetate is evenly impregnated with U.S.P. white petrolatum. White petrolatum in an emulsion blend that permits the flow of exudates without adhering to granulating tissue and minimizes skin maceration. Highly conformable, non-adherent dressing is ideal for lightly draining wounds including minor burns, lacerations and abrasions. To be used directly on the wound beneath an absorbent secondary dressing.
- Emulsion blend permits the flow of exudates without adhering to granulating tissue.
- Minimizes skin maceration.
- Use directly on wounds beneath an absorbent secondary dressing.
- Non-occlusive dressing
- Not made with natural rubber latex.
- Ideal for most draining wounds including:
- Minor burns
- Suture lines
- Skin ulcers
- Episiotomy incisions
Technical Safety Data Sheet
2. First-Aid Measures
- General Advice: Take proper precautions to ensure your own health and safety before attempting rescue and providing first aid. Consult a physician. Show this safety data sheet to the doctor in attendance. Move out of dangerous area.
- Eye Contact: Flush eyes with large amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if worn. If irritation persists, seek medical attention.
- Inhalation: Causes respiratory tract irritation. Chronic exposure may cause lung damage.
- Ingestion: Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Rinse mouth with water. Get medical attention if discomfort occurs.
3. Accidental Release Measures
- Non-hazardous Small Spill: Should be cleaned up at the time of the spill. Take all necessary precautions and wear any personal protective equipment that is applicable. Dispose of per local and state regulations.
- Non-hazardous Large Spill: Should be cleaned up at the time of the spill. May require special treatment, equipment and/or emergency assistance. Dispose of per local and state regulations.
4. Exposure Controls/Personal Protection
- Skin Protection: None required for normal use. For prolonged exposure, use appropriate goggles, protective clothing and gloves.
- Eye Protection: None required for normal use. For prolonged exposure, use appropriate goggles, protective clothing and gloves.
- Other protective equipment: Wear appropriate clothing to prevent repeated or prolonged skin contact.
- Work/hygienic practices: Handle in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety practice. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, or using tobacco. Safety shower and eye wash should be available close to work areas.
5. Physical and Chemical Properties
- Physical State Liquid
- Color Water-white
- Odor None
- Odor Threshold N.A.
- Solubility Insoluble in
- Partition coefficient Water/n-octanol N.A.
- VOC% N/A
- Viscosity N.A.
- Specific Gravity 1
- Density lbs/Gal N/A
- Pounds per Cubic Foot N/A
- Flash Point Greater than
- 160 C
- FP Method N.A.
- Ph N.A.
- Melting Point N.A.
- Boiling Point N.A.
- Boiling Range N.A.
- LEL N/A
- UEL N/A
- Evaporation Rate N.A.
- Flammability N.A.
- Decomposition Temperature N.A.
- Auto-ignition Temperature N.A.
- Vapor Pressure < 0.1 mm Hg
- Vapor Density N.A.
- Backing Material Cellulose Acetate
- HPIS Code 740_120_0_0
- Impregnated Solution U.S.P. White Petrolatum
- Latex Free Yes
- Length Inches 8 in
- Occlusive No
- Retail Packaging No
- UNSPSC 42311528
- Width Inches 3 in