Medline MSC095223 - Aloetouch PROTECT Dimethicone Skin Protectant Wipes, 3/PK, 72 PK/CS
Aloetouch Protect 3-in-1 cloths clean, moisturize and protect the skin with 3.2% Dimethicone.
Theres only one step, nothing to forget, with Aloetouch Protect. Thats because its a 3-in-1 cleansing, moisturizing and protecting wipe that lays down a protective barrier of 3.2% dimethicone as the aloeenriched solution cleans delicate skin. Save time, add convenience and experience a new standard of cleaning care with Aloetouch Protect.
Dimethicone as found in Aloetouch Protect is a silicone-based oil that is used as a skin emollient and also as a skin protectant. A thin layer of dimethicone on the skin turns away moisture from the outside, yet it is non-occlusive and allows the skin to breathe.
- Aloetouch PROTECT super-soft, single patient use, medium weight cloths are gentle on the skin.
- Contains 3.2% dimethicone, a skin protectant active ingredient that helps protect delicate skin.
- Cloths are pre-moistened with rinse-free formula that cleans, moisturizes and helps protect the skin.
- Formula is pH balanced, hypoallergenic and does not contain fragrance or alcohol.
- Product can be used at room temperature or warmed for patient comfort.
BREAK THE CHAIN OF SKIN BREAKDOWN
Incontinence of urine and/or stool puts an individual at greater risk for pressure ulcer development. The normal protective acid mantle on the skin is lost when exposed to the alkalinity of feces or urine. Ammonia in urine is caustic, making the skin susceptible to breakdown, and fecal contact with broken skin can cause infection and deeper skin damage.
Incontinence-associated dermatitis (IAD)
Moisture from incontinence may be a precursor to pressure ulcer development by macerating the skin and increasing friction. Fecal incontinence is a greater risk factor for pressure ulcer development, because the stool contains bacteria and enzymes that are caustic to the skin.6policies from the US Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services regarding pressure ulcer prevention has focused attention on the differential diagnosis of IAD versus pressure ulcer, and its influence on pressure ulcer risk.
Beeckman and colleagues recommended using a pH-balanced skin cleanser, skin moisturizer, and moisture-repellent skin barrier for all residents at risk of IAD, noting that perineal skin cleansers or no-rinse foams are preferable to cleansing with traditional washcloths, soap, and water. Gray echoed these recommendations, adding that the cleansing product should not compromise the skins moisture barrier. Voegeli found that soap and water are most commonly recommended for general skin cleansing, but warned that they can be damaging to a patient with or at risk for IAD.
- Absorbent Material Needlepunch Cloth.
- Active Ingredient Dimethicone.
- Alcohol Free Yes.
- Antibacterial Type Non-Antibacterial.
- Area of Application Perineal.
- Autoclavable Not Applicable.
- Brand Aloetouch.
- Cart Type Not Applicable.
- Container Type Soft Pack.
- Contains Dimethicone Yes.
- Dimension 8" X 8"
- Flushable No.
- Fragrance No.
- HPIS Code 694_20_60_0
- Latex Free Yes.
- Length Inches 8 in.
- OTC Type Skin Protectant.
- Product Type ReadyBath Wipe.
- Thickness Type Medium Weight.
- UNSPSC 53131624
- Wipe Type Incontinence.