Medline MSC1066 - DRESSING, FOAM, OPTIFOAM, ADHESIVE, 6"X6", 100 EA/CS, 10 BX/CS
Optifoam Adhesive Foam Wound Dressing
An All-In-One Dressing For Fluid Handling!
Dressing changes can be painful for the patient and traumatic to the skin. But not with Optifoam Gentle. It features specially formulated silicone adhesive that keeps the dressings in place, while allowing you to reposition and remove the dressings while minimizing harm to the periwound skin.
Driven to heal: Effectively managing chronic wounds requires you to look at things differently and challenge the status quo. Our mission is to help you rise to the challenge by offering the broadest range of advanced wound care products in the industry and delivering a comprehensive package of educational resources. This approach ensures your facility has the tools and expertise to tackle difficult-to-heal chronic wounds.
- An all-in-one dressing for fluid handling.
- Moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR) adjusts to fluid level.
- Highly absorbent.
- Helps create ideal healing environment.
- Waterproof outer layer protects wound and keeps bacteria out.
- Indications: pressure injuries, partial and full-thickness wounds, leg ulcers, donor sites, lacerations and abrasions, skin tears, and first and second-degree burns.
- Contraindications: third-degree burns and lesions with active vasculitis.
- May be left in place for up to 7 days; Dressing change frequency will depend on amount of drainage.
- Moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR) adjusts to fluid level
- Helps create an ideal healing environment
- Waterproof outer layer protects wound and keeps bacteria out (except Optifoam Basic)
- Optifoam Heel is specifically
- All wound depths.
- Light to moderate drainage.
- Primary or secondary dressing.
Recommended Secondary Dressings
- Medfix Tape
- Gentac Tape
- Medigrip Tubular Bandage
- Pressure injuries.
- Partial- and full-thickness wounds.
- Surgical wounds.
- Wounds with colonization.
- deal for managing bioburden in post-operative wounds.
- Leg ulcers.
- Diabetic foot ulcers.
- Donor sites.
- Lacerations and abrasions.
- Skin tears.
- First- and second-degree burns.
- Under compression bandages.
- Optifoam Ag+ may be left in place for up to 7 days.
- Dressing change frequency will depend on amount of drainage.
- Third-degree burns.
- Lesions with active vasculitis.
- Individuals with a known sensitivity to silver.
Coefficient Of Friction of Film Backing
Absorption Capacity under Compression
- Adhesive Adhesive
- Applications and Size 6"X6"
- Area of Application Multiple
- Brand Optifoam
- Dressing Change Frequency/Use Max: 7 Day: Check Drainage
- Dressing Pad Size 4.5" x 4.5"
- Dressing Size 0
- Dressing Type Foam
- HPIS Code 740_90_0_0
- Latex Free Yes
- Length Inches 6 in
- Material Foam
- Primary or Secondary Dressing Primary or Secondary Use
- Product Category Foam
- Product Type Adhesive
- Sterile Yes
- UNSPSC 42311510
- Waterproof Outer Layer Yes
- Width Inches 6 in
- Wound Condition Type Shallow/Deep,Mod-Hvy Drainage