Allow C.I.A. to white-glove your request for this item
Not buying today? Need a volume discount, Net 30 terms, or a government quote? Got a backorder, and need immediate stock? That’s exactly what we do best. Let us solve your problem.
Medline Part #MSC2044EP - Optifoam Gentle Silicone Border Dressings, 4 x 4" (10.2 x 10.2 cm), 2.5 x 2.5" (6.4 x 6.4 cm) Pad, 10 EA/BX, 10 BX/CS
Optifoam Gentle Silicone Border Dressings
Absorbent Foam Dressings With Silicone Adhesive
Dressing changes can be painful for the patient and traumatic to the skin. But not with Optifoam Gentle. It features specially formulated silicone adhesive that keeps the dressings in place, while allowing you to reposition and remove the dressings while minimizing harm to the periwound skin.
ABOUT OPTIFOAM GENTLE
- Silicone border provides gentle adhesion.
- Highly conformable border can be lifted and reapplied.
- Moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR) adjusts to fluid level.
- Helps create ideal healing environment.
- Waterproof outer layer protects wound and helps keep bacteria out.
- Low friction and shear outer layer.
- Indications: partial and full-thickness wounds with drainage.
- Contraindications: third-degree burns and lesions with active vasculitis.
- Waterproof outer layer protects wound and keeps bacteria out.
- Highly absorbent.
Optifoam Gentle helps ease the pain and trauma of dressing changes. Featuring a specially-formulated silicone adhesive that helps keep it in place, Optifoams absorbent foam dressing retains fluid, protects against infection, and helps prevent shear and friction.
- All wound depths.
- All wound drainage levels.
- As a primary or secondary dressing.
RECOMMENDED SECONDARY DRESSINGS
- Gentac Tape.
- Elastic net.
- Medigrip Tubular Bandage.
- Pressure injuries.
- Partial- and full-thickness wounds.
- Leg ulcers .
- Donor sites.
- Lacerations and abrasions.
- Skin tears.
- First- and second-degree burns.
- Optifoam Gentle may be left in place for up to 7 days.
- Dressing change frequency will depend on amount of drainage.
FOAM DRESSINGS HELP REDUCE HOSPITAL ACQUIRED PRESSURE ULCERS (HAPU).
Studies in the evaluation of the use of a foam dressing with silicone border on patients at risk for HAPU resulted in a significant reduction in pressure ulcers over a 3-month period with lower monthly incidence and enhanced prevention.
- Adhesive Adhesive.
- Applications and Size 4"X4"
- Area of Application Multiple.
- Brand Optifoam Gentle.
- Dressing Change Frequency/Use Max: 7 Day: Check Drainage.
- Dressing Pad Size 2.5" x 2.5"
- Dressing Size 0
- Dressing Type Foam.
- HPIS Code 740_90_0_0
- Latex Free Yes.
- Length Inches 4 in.
- Material Foam.
- Primary or Secondary Dressing Primary or Secondary Use.
- Product Category Foam.
- Product Type Adhesive.
- Sterile Yes.
- UNSPSC 42311510
- Waterproof Outer Layer Yes.
- Width Inches 4 in.
- Wound Condition Type Shallow/Deep,Mod-Hvy Drainage.