Molnlycke 292005 - DRESSING, CONTACT LAYER, MEPITEL, STRL, 8X12, 5/BX
Mepitel, 8" x 12" (20 x 30 cm) - Gentle Two-Sided Wound Contact Layer - Minimize Pain for Your Patients
Mepitel is a gentle two-sided wound contact layer with Safetac - the contact layer designed to minimize pain and trauma at dressing change. Mepitel does not adhere to the moist wound so it can be easily removed without damaging the skin, potentially reducing pain for your patients.
Safetac also protects new tissue and intact skin, so wounds remain undisturbed, to support faster healing. Mepitel seals the wound margins to protect skin from damaging leaks and maceration.
Mepitel has an open mesh structure that allows exudate to pass through into a secondary absorbent dressing and enables the delivery of topical treatments. Mepitel allows secondary dressings to be changed without disturbing the wound bed. The dressing reduces the need for frequent primary dressing changes and allows secondary dressing changes without disturbing healing.
- Undisturbed healing - Mepitel can remain in place for up to 14 days
- Mepitel is clinically proven to enable faster healing with less pain and cost, compared to silver sulfadiazine
- Doesnt leave residue and maintains functional qualities over time
- Mepitel's transparency allows you to assess healling progress without removing the dressing
WOUND CONTACT LAYER WITH SAFETAC
Benefits of Mepitel
- Does not adhere to a moist wound bed but adheres gently to the dry peri-wound area.
- Minimizes trauma and pain during dressing changes.
- Can remain in place for up to 14 days depending on wound condition.
- Seals around the wound margins to reduce the risk of maceration.
- Conforms well to body contours.
- Topical preparations can be applied as required, leaving Mepitel in place.
- Maintains a optimal moisture balance when used with appropriate cover.
Quality Care at Its Most Cost Effective
Mepitel dressings have a substantial amount of published data demonstrating its clinical and cost-effectiveness for a wide range of wounds.
Mepitel dressings are the selfadhering contact dressings proven to cut costs. The results of three randomised controlled trials demonstrate that, compared to traditional dressings, Mepitel dressings are significantly more cost-effective in terms of:
- Reducing the overall cost of care
- Reducing the number of dressing changes
- Reducing the time needed to change dressings
Safetac Technology Is Less Painful
Safetac is a patented adhesive technology that is less painful for the patient at dressing removal and less traumatic to the wound. Safetac technology hurts less because it:
- tacks gently to dry surfaces, like skin, but not to moist surfaces, such as open wounds
- moulds to the skins pores, covering more skin surface and spreading peel forces on removal to prevent skin stripping
- seals the wound margins, ensuring exudate does not spread to the surrounding skin and minimising maceration
Clinically Tested and Proven Over Time
Mepitel is the original advanced wound contact layer. Since creating the dressing category in 1990, Mlnlycke Health Care has produced more than 80 million pieces of Mepitel and developed an innovative new version in Mepitel One. Health care practitioners worldwide continue to choose Mepitel over competing dressings because they are the only ones that create an ideal wound healing environment while preventing wound adhesion and minimising pain at dressing changes.
Mepitels comprehensive library of clinical evidence supports their choice. A recent publication reported that there are in excess of 20 articles demonstrating the clinical efficacy and safety of Mepitel, including data from five randomised controlled trials.
When to use Mepitel
Mepitel with Safetac protects the wound and the skin. Its designed and clinically proven for use in manage a wide range of wounds such as skin tears, skin abrasions, sutured wounds, partial thickness burns, lacerations, partial and full thickness grafts, diabetic ulcers, venous and arterial ulcers. Mepitel can also be used as a protective layer on non-exuding wounds, blisters, fragile skin and exposed fragile tissues.
The open structure of Mepitel allows, where clinically indicated, topical ointments to pass through onto the wound.
You can use Mepitel together with Mextra Superabsorbent; with Tubifast fixation; and also under compression bandages. Mepitel can also be used in conjunction with Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT).
How Mepitel works
Mepitel can be left in place for up to 14 days depending on the condition of the wound. The porous structure of Mepitel allows exudate to pass into an outer absorbent dressing. Mepitel with Safetac soft silicone adhesive technology prevents the outer dressing from sticking to the wound and therefore minimizes trauma and pain associated with dressing changes. This results in less discomfort for the patient and which in turn ensures undisturbed wound healing.
Areas of use
Mepitel is designed for a wide range of wounds such as skin tears, skin abrasions, surgical incisions, second degree burns, blistering, lacerations, partial and full thickness grafts, diabetic ulcers, venous and arterial ulcers, pressure ulcers, digit injuries and Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB). Mepitel can also be used on wounds associated with Pediatrics where management of pain associated with dressing change is a primary consideration.
How to use Mepitel
When used on bleeding wounds or wounds with high viscosity exudate, Mepitel should be covered with a moist absorbent dressing pad. When used for fixation of skin grafts, on burns with blisters or for skin tears, Mepitel should be left in place for 5 to 7 days.