Smiths Medical MDX-003 - Medfusion 3500 Syringe Infusion Pump with PharmGuard Medication Safety Software Refurbished, Each
Medfusion 3500 Syringe Infusion Pump
The Medfusion 3500 syringe infusion pump is designed for use in critical care areas for the administration of fluids requiring precisely controlled infusion rates. Because of the pumps simplicity and ease of use, this pump can also be used successfully in the non-critical areas of a clinical setting.
The only people authorized to setup & monitor any infusion are nurses, physicians, or other health-care professionals with training in infusion therapy and operation of the syringe pump.
The Medfusion 3500 syringe pump is indicated for use with the following delivery routes:
The Medfusion 3500 syringe pump is indicated for delivering the following fluids:
The Medfusion 3500 syringe pump is indicated for use with the following delivery modes
The Dangers of Medication Errors
As many as 19 patients die every day from medication errors in the United States.
More than 770,000 injuries and deaths are due to preventable drug errors, which cost hospitals up to $5.6 million per year.
61% of serious and life-threatening errors are associated with infusion therapy.
Infusion devices account for up to 35% of all medication errors, with 67% due to programming errors.
38% of medication errors occur during the administration process; 51% harmed the patient.
The Total Solution
The Medfusion syringe pump safety system has been the leader in infusion pump technology for over 15 years. Innovations in syringe recognition, drug libraries and PharmGuard Medication Safety Software with programmable safety limits make it easier to improve safety for you and your patients.
The unique, easy-to-use, and easy-tolearn design of the Medfusion 3500 Syringe Pump with PharmGuard Medication Safety Software gives you the ability to customize the platform to your institutions practices. In other words, it adapts to the way you work, not the other way around. For safety and exceptional value, the Medfusion 3500 Syringe Pump is the best solution for todays busy healthcare environments
PharmGuard Medication Safety Software...a safety solution committed to your concerns
The PharmGuard Medication Safety Software is a key error reduction feature of the Medfusion 3500 Syringe Pump. It helps promote best practices recommended by top hospitals, accreditation and regulatory bodies.
- It sets hard and soft safety limits for all modes of delivery such as: dose, rate, time, weight, concentration, and volume.
- Large character capacity makes it possible to input full drug names and concentrations
- Clear,"Tall Man" lettering is displayed to avoid drug confusion n Unlimited customizable drug alerts
- Configurable solutions to meet your specific requirements, wherever you are in your healthcare facility
Easier to use, faster to program
The Medfusion Syringe Pump program is easy to navigate, which simplifies training. And setting it up has never been easier.
- The "help wizard" walks you through every step
- The easy-to-read display keeps it simple and understandable - follow the setup prompts at the top of the screen
- Single channel responsibility no confusing channel ID
- A back button to avoid additional steps
Go anywhere in the hospital
The 16 programmable care area profiles allow you to safely take the Medfusion 3500 Syringe Pump into any department in the hospital. You control all the variables:
- Alarm volume, times, and type
- Weight, volume, and occlusion programmable limits
- Enable/disable loading and bolus dose therapies
- Specific auto prompts, infusion units, syringe types, and standard dose/Rule of 6
- To address anesthesiologists needs for quick infusion, the PharmGuard Medication Safety Software features the QuickLibrary alternative