Baxter 7N8399 - CONNECTOR, NEEDLE-FREE, ONE-LINK, EACH
ONE-LINK Needle-free IV Connector, Neutral Fluid Displacement, Power Injectable (325 psi / 2241 kPa)
One Simple Solution | A Neutral Design for Patients
ONE-LINK Needle-free IV Connector with Neutral Fluid Displacement, Power Injectable (325 psi / 2241 kPa). Approximate volume 0.08 mL. Non-DEHP. Non-PVC. Sterile Package.
One Simple Solution to help meet patient and clinician needs
The One-Link connectors neutral fluid displacement is designed to help reduce the risk of thrombotic catheter occlusions compared to devices with higher reflux volumes. The clear housing can enhance clinical practice.
Engineered for simple performance1
Neutral fluid displacement design
- Helps reduce the risk of thrombotic catheter occlusions compared to devices with higher reflux volumes.
Power injection compatible (up to 325 psi, 10 mL/second)
- Helps minimize connector failure and change-outs
Compatible, flexible design
- Works with a variety of valved and non-valved vascular access catheters
No clamping sequence required
- Simplifies training
- Clamp when not in use for patient safety
Tested for use up to 7 days/200 actuations*
- Aligns with CDC 2011 guidelines for the prevention of intravascular catheter-related infections
Saline or Heparin flush option
- Allows clinician flexibility to follow facility protocols
Note: refer to catheter manufacturers flushing instructions.
* Replace per institution protocol. The One-Link connector can be used for up to 200 actuations and over a period of 7 days. Replace device whichever comes first.
One Simple Solution for CT/MRI applications
Meets power injection needs
Compatible with power injection (up to 325 psi)*
- Designed to prevent connector and tubing failure
Helps minimize change-outs
- When used with compatible pressure rated catheter and extension set
Maximum flow rate of 10 mL/second
- Appropriate for a wide variety of patient types
Neutral fluid displacement design
- Designed to help reduce the risk of thrombotic catheter occlusions, compared to devices with higher reflux volumes
Low priming volume of 0.08 mL
- Minimizes excessive flush volumes for fluid restricted patients
Smooth surface, easy to cleanse
- Promotes reduction of contamination
Compatible with a variety of valved and non-valved vascular access catheters
- Provides flexibility for use throughout the facility and may help reduce time and cost
- Provides an effective barrier to microbial ingress
Non-PVC and Non-DEHP
- For patients with special requirements
The One-Link IV connector is intended for single patient use with a vascular access device for the administration of drugs and solutions without needles and can be used to aspirate blood.
Key Issues with IV Connectors
- Catheter occlusion is the most common noninfectious complication in the use of central venous catheters (CVCs) and occurs in approximately 33% of these catheters.
- A common cause for catheter occlusion is clotting of blood refluxed into the catheter. Blood reflux occurs when an administration set or syringe is connected to a positive displacement connector or disconnected from a negative displacement connector.
- Catheter occlusions can interrupt IV therapy, increase risk of serious complications, and add to the cost of care.
- The FDA has expressed concern about several clinical reports regarding the association of BSIs with positive displacement devices.
- Facilities and governments have increased pressure to reduce hospital-acquired infections (HAIs).
- An estimated 248,000 bloodstream infections occur in U.S. hospitals each year with a large portion associated with CVCs.
- These infections independently increase hospital costs and length of stay.
- By several analyses the cost of these infections is substantial in terms of morbidity and financial resources expended.
- Connectors not designed to tolerate pressures used for power injection can fail and harm the patient.
- Failure can delay treatment of patient
- Multiple connectors with varied techniques can cause confusion and increased potential for errors.
- IV needleless connectors have become complex in design.
Rx Only. For safe and proper use of the One-Link devices, refer to the appropriate Instructions for Use. For safe and proper use of the SIGMA Spectrum pump, refer to the Operators Manual.
|Priming Volume||0.08 ML|
|Type of Injection Site||ONE-LINK|