Covidien OMST10BT - 10MM STRUCTURAL BALLOON AND BLUNT TIP TROCAR WITH BUILT IN CONVERTERS, DISPOSABLE, TUBULAR RING, 5/BX
The Blunt Tip Trocar consists of a blunt obturator and a valve body/cannula assembly. The valve body/cannula assembly contains an internal flapper valve and seal to prevent gas leakage when instruments are inserted or withdrawn. The Blunt Tip Trocar includes built-in converters to allow insertion of instruments of various diameters. In addition, the device has an external one-way valve for gas insufflation.
To minimize leakage and secure the trocar, the distal end of the sleeve has a balloon which is complemented by the proximal foam sponge/collar assembly. A syringe is provided for inflation/deflation of the balloon.
- Structural balloon trocar SBT with pre-formed inelastic balloon and foam collar anchoring system.
- The blunt tip trocar BTT consists of a blunt obturator and a valve body with clear cannula.
Latex Warning: With the exception of the devices listed below, all Covidien products from Covidien (including Sofradim products), Syneture, and Sports Surgery are Latex Free. Also, all packaging used by these divisions is Latex Free.
The following devices have been identified to contain latex:
The Blunt Tip Trocar products, (Reorder Codes: OMST10BT, OMST10BTS, OMST12BT) and the SEPS products using the balloon anchoring system, (Reorder Codes: VBT240T, VBT300, SMBTTRND, and SMBTTOVL) contain latex. The latex in the listed reorder codes is the base material of the trocar balloon, which is encapsulated in a silicone rubber material. In normal use there is no patient contact. In the unlikely event of a balloon rupture, the latex may come into contact with the patient.
1. OPTIMIZED ACCESS
- Provides easier, one-time access to surgical space, with a uniquely integrated system.
- Offers ability to operate in small spaces, with included low-profile 5 mm optical trocars.
- Expands access to eligible patients, with balloons not made with natural rubber latex.
2. OPTIMIZED DISSECTION
- Enhances visualization, with anatomic balloons and clear cannulas.
- Creates the right space for each procedure, with new anatomic balloons.
- Facilitates insertion and full balloon deployment, with tailored cannulas.
3. OPTIMIZED EFFICIENCY
- Saves procedural steps with an integrated access and dissection solution.
- Adapts to your technique, with the option to use as a system or separately.
- Offers more choice in technique, while reducing product codes by up to 50.
- Balloon Anchoring System with Foam Sponge Collar.
- Built-In Converters.
- When the tissue is captured between the foam collar and the balloon, undesired deflation of the operative space is minimized.
- The built-in converters allow the use of different size surgical instruments through the port while the insufflation pressure is maintained.