Covidien SG5686 - Suture Plain Gut Undyed P-13 5-0 18" 12/BX
Covidien SG5686 Plain Gut Suture, Premium Reverse Cutting, Needle P-13, 3/8 Circle, Size 5-0 (Pack of 12)
Plain gut absorbable sterile surgical sutures are composed of purified connective tissue (mostly collagen) derived from the serosal layer of beef (bovine) intestines. They are packaged in a solution of 89% isopropanol, 10% water and 1% triethanolmaine.
The manufacture of catgut raw material, consisting of long ribbons of highly selected serosal tissue, ensures:
- Purity of collagen for optimal tensile strength and in-vivo performance
- Surface smoothness to facilitate knot run-down and knot strength, due to electronic polishing of each strand
Premium Reverse Cutting - Plain Gut 3/8 Circle 13mm, P-13, 4-0, 45cm
|Item No.||Suture Type||USP||Metric||Length||Qty|
- Optimal tensile strength and in-vivo performance with mostly collagen purified connective tissue from the serosal layer of bovine intestines
- Packaged in a solution of 89% isopropanol, 10% water and 1% triethanolmaine
- Smooth surface for knot run-down, due to electronic polishing of each strand
- Indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and ligation, including ophthalmic surgery, but not in cardiovascular or neurological surgery
Plain gut sutures are indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and/or ligation, including use in ophthalmic surgery, but not in cardiovascular or neurological surgery.
The use of these sutures is contraindicated in patients with known sensitivities or allergies to collagen or chromium, as gut is a collagen based material and chromic gut is treated with chromic salt solutions.
PLAIN GUT sutures elicit a minimal acute inflammatory reaction in tissues characteristic of foreign body response to a substance. This is followed by gradual loss of tensile strength and suture mass, as the enzymatic process dissolves the surgical gut until it is completely absorbed.
Many variable factors may affect the rate of tensile strength loss. These include:
- Type of suture
- Presence of infection
- Tissue sites
Absorption of PLAIN GUT sutures occurs by enzymatic process similar to the digestion of an animal protein by the body. Being enzymatic, the process is subject to different influencing factors (see above) and it is virtually impossible to indicate the exact designation of a consistent absorption time.
PLAIN GUT absorbable sutures are available in USP and EP sizes 2 (6 metric) through 7-0 (0.7 metric). The sutures are supplied sterile, in pre-cut lengths or ligating reels; non-needled or affixed to various needle types, using both permanent and removable needle attachment techniques; in one, two or three dozen boxes.
|What MRI safety information does the labeling contain?||Labeling does not contain MRI Safety Information|
|Device required to be labeled as containing natural rubber latex or dry natural rubber (21 CFR 801.437):||No|
|Device labeled as "Not made with natural rubber latex":||No|
|Prescription Use (Rx):||Yes|
|Over the Counter (OTC):||No|
|Human Cell, Tissue or Cellular or Tissue-Based Product (HCT/P):||No|