Medline MSC2033EP - DRESSING, OPTIFOAM, GENTLE BORDER, 3 x 3" (7.6 x 7.6 cm) 1.5 x 1.5" (3.8 x 3.8 cm) Pad, 100 EA/CS, 10 BX/CS
Optifoam Gentle Silicone Border Dressing
Absorbent Foam Dressings with Silicone Adhesive!
Dressing changes can be painful for the patient and traumatic to the skin. But not with Optifoam Gentle. It features specially formulated silicone adhesive that keeps the dressings in place, while allowing you to reposition and remove the dressings and minimize harm to the periwound skin.
Optifoam Gentle Giving You the Option to Choose Your Gentle!
About Optifoam Gentle
Silicone bordered foam dressing
- Silicone adhesive provides gentle adhesion
- Highly conformable dressing can be lifted and reapplied
- Moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR) adjusts to fluid level
- Highly absorbent
- Helps create ideal healing environment
- Waterproof outer layer protects wound and keeps bacteria out
- Low friction and shear outer layer
- Pressure injuries
- Partial- and full-thickness wounds
- Leg ulcers
- Donor sites
- Lacerations and abrasions
- Skin tears
- First- and second-degree burns
- Third-degree burns
- Optifoam Gentle may be left in place for up to 7 days
- Dressing change frequency will depend on amount of drainage
- All wound depths*
- All wound drainage levels
- As a primary or secondary dressing
Recommended Secondary Dressings
- Gentac Tape
- Elastic net
- Medigrip Tubular Bandage
Our Educational Packaging
Our innovative wound care packaging features clear, step by-step instructions and pertinent information to help healthcare professionals better understand and more easily deliver wound care at the patients bedside. It eliminates confusion and highlights critical information, ultimately leading to better patient care.
In a study involving 139 nurses at eight different facilities, 88 percent who used a wound care product with an educational guide on it were able to apply the dressing correctly. None of the nurses who received traditional dressing packaging were able to apply the dressing correctly.